To any passerby visiting the site, it appears my little space of the internet has been abandoned due to either disinterest or laziness. Sadly, I can not put up an argument to defend it. The year has been rocky for me mostly on an emotional level than physical; however, I am aiming to improve pieces of myself this year. In order to accomplish this feat, I will need to setup some personal goals.
In a blog post I wrote last year, I discussed the pointlessness of New Year Resolutions compared to proper goal setting. The brief synopsis of the article is that countless resolutions are not met each year due to unrealistic, non-measurable goals. Goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-locked in order for people to achieve them. As my Mom would always say, "Baby steps, Son, baby steps are needed to accomplish anything".
Here is my current January list of S.M.A.R.T. goals:
- Read a book and learn a couple new words from it. I'm currently thinking of The Periphreal by William Gibson.
- Write 4 blog posts in the month excluding this one.
- Code each day to start my 365 Github challenge starting on 1/2
- Lose 5 lbs in the month to help get into better shape.
- Play more with the puppy to help bond more and ensure outside activity for both of us.
- Put away more cash than last year to help save up for my 30th Birthday trip to Japan.
At the start of each month, my plan is to provide an update of last month's goals plus provide the next month goals. You may want to skip those posts if you do not find them interesting.